Increase footfall to your business with the help of the Bassetlaw High Street Enhancement Support Programme
Attract new customers
In person and online
Purchasing habits have changed as a result of Covid-19, with fewer in-store visitors and a move towards online transactions. The shift to online is expected to be long-term; so how can you make sure the trend presents an opportunity, and not a threat, to your business?
Help is at hand
The project is funded by Bassetlaw District Council through HM Government’s Welcome Back Fund which is supported by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), and delivered in partnership with East Midlands Chamber (Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire). It is designed to help your business implement modern forms of online trading that complement, rather than replace, your high street presence.
Support is available to 68 eligible independently owned retail, hospitality, personal care, leisure and market trader businesses that have up to 49 employees in the district of Bassetlaw (including Worksop, Retford, Harworth & Bircotes and Tuxford), with 48 of those businesses being offered a grant of £2,000 to support the implementation of their business improvement action plan.
If your business is located on a high street in the district of Bassetlaw, you may be entitled to the following fully-funded support:
- Dedicated Digital High Street Business Adviser support:
- An adviser with specific in-store, e-commerce and online skills to work alongside you and help develop or increase your digital presence.
- A review of your current marketing and social media activities, and support on recommended actions.
- Social media support such as setting up a Google listing and, where needed, signing up to your first social media account.
- Development of a business improvement action plan
- A grant of £2,000 to help implement activity from a business improvement action plan such as:
- Enhancement or development of a website or ecommerce platform
- Equipping your business with the latest forms of payment (e.g. Apple Pay and Google Pay) and concepts (e.g. Click and Collect)
- Enhancing your in-store environment (e.g. visual aids)
- Assist in the set-up and development of social media platforms
- Develop and implement a marketing plan
- Investment in equipment that supports any of the above
- One year’s membership of East Midlands Chamber, including business protection services in HR, Health and Safety, Tax and Legal issues, as well as discounts on Member products and services.
- Regular events and webinars to increase your digital know-how.
Benefits to your business
The High Street Enhancement Support Programme offers the following benefits to your business:
- Increase in profile and an online shop window – attracting local residents, as well as visitors researching their trip online.
- Increased footfall to your door and to your website.
- Improved competitiveness by offering your customers a 24/7 shopping experience, with an offer of click and collect or other delivery options.
- Enhancement of customers in-store experience.
- Collaborate with and support like-minded local businesses.
To qualify for support, business owners must meet the following criteria:
- Run independent businesses based in the district of Bassetlaw. Check whether your location qualifies by entering your postcode.
- Lease and pay rent on a bricks and mortar presence in a high street location.
- Offer the option for customers to walk in without prior appointment and purchase.
Find out more
The project will run until the end of March 2022.
Data Protection Privacy Statement
The High Street Enhancement Support Programme is funded by Bassetlaw District Council through HM Government’s Welcome Back Fund which is supported by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). The Council has commissioned the East Midlands Chamber to deliver the support programme and the associated grant. Data provided by businesses to the East Midlands Chamber will be shared with the Council to enable us to complete funding returns to relevant Government Departments, for example BEIS (further details provided below). We will not share your information with any other third party. Further details on how we will manage and store your data.
The Council is required by the Government to retain all grant applicant data for a period of 10 years.
Grant recipients personal data will also be shared with the relevant Government Departments, for example HMRC and BEIS. The information may be used by BEIS for research and evaluation purposes and you may be contacted by BEIS for survey purposes. View the BEIS privacy notice. The data collected in this form is used only for its intended purpose, or in pursuance of any other legitimate interest held by the Council, and is held in accordance with the Council’s retention policy. Your personal information may also be processed to facilitate the provision of services in respect of any of the Council's activities or for the prevention and detection of crime and fraud. Under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 & Data Protection Act 2018, Bassetlaw District Council is the Data Controller for the information you have given us. For more information, visit our website.
High Street Enhancement Business Support Programme is part funded through the Welcome Back Fund which is supported by the European Regional Development Fund.
Last Updated on Monday, October 17, 2022