With Christmas on the horizon, Bassetlaw District Council wants to do all it can to support the fabulous independent businesses we have on and around our high streets in our towns.
BDC will be linking into the national ‘Small Business Saturday’ campaign taking place on Saturday 3 December by promoting shop local and supplying any independent business with a marketing pack of ideas and posters, along with social media support to promote any offers or discounts you may wish to run on Saturday 3 December as part of #SmallBizSatUK and #SmallBusinessSaturday.
It doesn’t matter whether you’re a retailer, in hospitality, a small manufacturer or a one person outfit, we just want to help you get your message promoted.
We will be utilising our own hashtag by placing the name of the district town in front, for example #WorksopSmallBizSatUK / #RetfordSmallBizSatUK so that BDC is able to share and engage with every post that uses this hashtag.
So come on, let’s really shout about how good our local independent businesses are and get people shopping local this Christmas and beyond!
How you can participate
- By putting up the poster included in your window so people know you are taking part
- Actively mentioning to your customers that you are taking part and what you are looking to offer
- Use your on-line social media platforms to also promote your participation as well as your offer. If you are a café for example it may be you offer a coffee and a slice of cake for £5. Alternatively you may wish to buddy up with another business and promote a complimentary offer. Use the hashtag relevant to the town you are located in i.e. #HarworthSmallBizSatUK #RetfordSmallBizSatUk #TuxfordSmallBizSatUK #WorksopSmallBizSatUK
- Remember when using the # to tag Bassetlaw District Council in as well
- Get involved by also signing up on the Small Business Saturday website where you can complete your details and people can then see you too on the business finder
- Be inventive!!!
- If you have any queries, please contact Fiona Humpage firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated on Thursday, October 20, 2022