To deliver an excellent standard of service that will create
opportunities through sport and physical activity to improve the
health and well being of all residents in Bassetlaw.
Our Mission Statement
"To Encourage More
Bassetlaw People to become More Active More
(Sport and Recreation
How will we deliver the Mission
By offering support, advice and
working in partnership with others, the Bassetlaw Sports
Development Service aim to increase participation in Sport and
Physical Activity for as wide a cross section of Bassetlaw
residents as possible.
What are the overall aims of
Bassetlaw Sports Development Service?
- Work in partnership to ensure effective and efficient use
of resources and avoid duplication.
- Increase the access and usage of facilities across the
District for Sports and Physical Activity Opportunities.
- Raise the profile of Sports and Physical Activity and
highlight health benefits and improvements in the quality of
life associated with active lifestyles.
- To increase the pride across Bassetlaw through Sports and
Physical Activity success stories.
What do Bassetlaw Sports
Development Service do?
- Offer strategic help and advice linked
to National/Regional and County priorities.
- Represent Bassetlaw views at County and Regional
- Act as advocates for good practice such as offering advice
linked to Child Protection issues and Sports Club
- Offer funding advice at varying levels
- Support the workers of The Bassetlaw
Sports Forum and various sports specific action
- Operate a comprehensive Coach Education and Coach
- Offer support across the District to enhance Sports Club
- Organise the Annual Bassetlaw Sports
Awards - a review of the Districts Sporting Achievements
- Support The S.A.N.D (see the ability not
the disability) Sports Club which offers twice weekly sports
sessions for young people with a disability
- Organise weekly Play with Purpose
special needs swimming lessons
- Through partnership working offer Exercise and Physical Activities such as
Exercise on Referral, Walking the Way to Health, and
other schemes across the whole District.
- Deliver outreach Get Set Go, Multi-Skills School Holiday
activity schemes in isolated rural communities throughout the
- Manage the young persons social inclusion sports project
A Sporting Chance.
Last Updated - 19/11/2012