Change to the HomeFinder Choice Based Lettings policy
There will be a change to the Bassetlaw District Council HomeFinder Choice Based Lettings policy from Monday 4 September 2017.
Currently to go on the housing register and bid for Bassetlaw District Council properties applicants must have a local connection to the Bassetlaw area, a local connection is:
- The applicant has lived in the Bassetlaw area for 5 years
- The applicant does not live in the Bassetlaw area, but has a close relative who has lived in the Bassetlaw area for 5 years. A close relative is spouse, parent, child, sibling.
- The applicant is currently serving in Her Majesty’s Forces and wishes to live in the Bassetlaw area
- The applicant has been a tenant of Bassetlaw District Council or registered social landlord in the Bassetlaw area for more than 2 years
- The applicant is a victim of domestic violence with a need to reside in the Bassetlaw area and has been referred by Women’s Aid
- The applicant is a tenant of a registered housing provider in England with a need to move to the Bassetlaw area for work under the right to move
From the 4 September if the applicant does not have a local connection to the Bassetlaw area, they will be able to go on the housing register but will be placed in a new Band, Band F.
Priority for Bassetlaw District Council properties will still be given to applicants with a local connection in Bands A – E, applicants in Band F who do not have a local connection will be able to bid for properties that have to be re-advertised a second time.
From September 2017 customers must submit a housing application online using the HomeFinder Website.
Customers will also be able to submit supporting documentation by email to a new housing registration email address, quoting the reference number given when they have completed their online form. Customers will still be able to visit our property shops at Retford and Worksop and provide supporting documentation.