Walking In Bassetlaw


Bassetlaw District Council, Clumber Park National Trust and Bassetlaw PCT have joined up to promote the Department of Health Change4Life message to "Eat Well, Move More and Live Longer!"

  • Chesterfield Canal Walking Festival - Starting on Saturday 15 September from Retford - Details of each stage of the walk.
  • Walkabout Clumber Park - details of Walkabout, Pushabout, Cycleabout, Parkrun, Breeze Cycle Rides and much more.
  • Walking The Way To Health is an initiative of the British Heart Foundation and Natural England. It aims to get more people walking in their own communities, especially those who take little exercise or live in areas of poor health.
  • Step 2 It Retford meets at 10am every Tuesday at Retford Cricket Club and at 6.30pm every Wednesday (April - Sept) from Babworth Road Sports and Social Club. Please call 07768467548 for more information.
  • Step 2 It Dukeries meets at 10am every Thursday at Kilton Forest Golf Club. Please call 07599340551 for further details.
  • Wednesday Wanderers meets at 10am every Wednesday at Langold Lake (Andy's Cafe). Please call 07718279165 for further details.
  • Smiley Milers meet at 10am every Wednesday at Harworth and Bircotes Pavillion. Please call 07599340551 for further details.
  • Hardwick Strollers meet all year round at 7.30pm every 1st & 3rd Wednesday of the month at Hardwick Village (Park Inn Club), Clumber Park. The walks are around 3 miles in length and take between 60 and 80 minutes to complete. A shorter 10-30 minute walk is available on the first walk in each month if requested.  Please bring torches during the winter months. Please call 01673 878785 for further details

Doorstep Walks

Doorstep Walks is an independent walking scheme, whereby one doorstep walking pack has been produced, containing a total of 16 different walks in and around Bassetlaw.

Please be mindful when you park in the villages that you are not blocking any private driveways or access roads.

Useful links:

Report A Problem With Right Of Way

Nottinghamshire County Council are responsible for rights of way, should you wish to Report a Problem.