Planning Enforcement


The Planning Enforcement Service respond to written complaints about alleged breaches of planning control and checks that development is carried out in accordance with the correct planning permission.

What kind of complaints can we deal with?

The Planning Enforcement Service will consider complaints in relation to alleged breaches in relation to householder developments, housing and commercial developments (including changes of use), advertisements, untidy land, houses in multiple occupation, listed buildings, conservation areas and trees.

Enforcement Registers

The Enforcement Register lists new Enforcement Notices, which are added to the Register within five working days of being generated. The Enforcement Register is available for public viewing at Queen’s Buildings, Potter Street, Worksop. If you wish to make an appointment to view the Register please Contact Us.

You can check the progress of Enforcement Appeals through Planning Casework Services on the Planning Portal website.

Reporting an Alleged Breach of Planning Control

The Enforcement Protocol sets out the processes that may be followed once a complaint is received. Please note that anonymous reports will not be investigated. Although your details will remain wholly confidential, should you not wish to be directly involved please contact your Local Councillor who will write to the Local Planning Authority on your behalf.

Community Infrastructure Levy

If you are considering buying land for development and/or submitting a planning application in the District (other than for extensions to dwellings of less than 100 sqm and certain other exceptions), please be advised that the Council has adopted its Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL).

A CIL charge will apply to all relevant applications determined after this date (including those successful on appeal and those where a resolution to grant has been made but a S106 agreement has yet to be finalised), even if they were submitted in advance of this time. CIL may also apply to Permitted Development.

For further information, including the CIL Information Form that should be submitted with your planning application, please visit the Community Infrastructure Levy page.