In My Area Online Mapping
“In My Area“ is Bassetlaw District Councils interactive mapping service that provides access to a wide range of information about services and facilities in the local area and nearest to your location.
“In My Area” is Bassetlaw District Councils interactive mapping service that provides access to a wide range of information about services and facilities in the local area and nearest to your location.
“In My Area” has replaced “Get Information Superfast” This is an easy to use mapping service that enables users to visualise map layers. Find my nearest functions using a “drop pin”, pop out windows for feature information. It lets you find information based on any location.
By using "In My Area", you are agreeing to the terms and conditions shown below.
LocalView Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the Bassetlaw District Council “in my Area” webmapping website. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained in LocalView is correct and up to date, it cannot be guaranteed that information will always be accurate and complete. The Bassetlaw District Council, its suppliers and other parties involved in creating and maintaining LocalView, will not be held liable for any damage or inconvenience which may occur from the use of any information contained on LocalView. This information should not be relied upon as a substitute for formal advice from the departments of the Bassetlaw District Council and its partners.
Ordnance Survey data
Base mapping used in LocalView is reproduced from the Ordnance Survey with the permission of the Controller of Her Majesty’s Stationery Office © Crown copyright. Unauthorised reproduction infringes Crown copyright and may lead to prosecution or civil proceedings. Bassetlaw District Council 100019517 2014
Whilst every care has been taken in the compilation of datasets used in LocalView, information such as school catchment areas and conservation areas, are only intended as a general guide. The distance used in the LocalView ‘Local Information’ search tool is defined ‘as the crow flies’.
Local Information For Schools
This information is only intended as a general guide and whilst every care has been taken in the compilation of the school catchment areas datasets used in the LocalView search, it should not be relied upon as a substitute for formal advice from the departments of the Bassetlaw District Council and its partners. Distances to 'nearest' schools on this system uses 'as the crow flies' measurements. This is different from the method of measurement that is used in determining the allocation of school places, which is 'nearest safe walking route.' Therefore, distances available on this system should not be used to ascertain the likelihood of obtaining a school place based on distance to a school. Nottinghamshire County Council provide further information on School Admissions.
Local Information For Trees
Please note mapped tree positions are for guidance purposes only and should not be considered accurate and complete. For full details please see our Protected Trees & Hedgerows.
Trees on District Council land and Open Spaces
For these enquiries, please complete our Contact Form.
Trees on or adjacent to a public Highway or Footpath
If a complaint is received regarding trees adjacent to the highway, generally on a grass verge, then this is dealt with through Nottinghamshire County Council Highways Team on 0115 9772517
High Trees and Hedgerows (Anti-social Behaviour Act)
For these enquiries, please complete our Environmental Enquiry Form.
Local Information for Public Rights of Way
The map is NOT the legal record of Public Rights of Way (recorded on a definitive map). If you require Public Right of Way information for legal purposes, please contact Nottinghamshire County Council.
Extracts taken from LocalView will not be accepted as site plans for planning and building control applications, nor are they admissible in court proceedings.
External Website Links
Where links are available in LocalView to external websites, the Bassetlaw District Council takes no responsibility for the content, opinions, accuracy or currency of those websites.
Licence agreement for access to National or Authority datasets and Ordnance Survey (OS) data
Bassetlaw District Council LocalView website ("[Website]") is owned and operated by Bassetlaw District Council (" we", “us" or “our"). Set out below are the terms and conditions which, together with any legal notices displayed elsewhere on this Website, represent all the terms and conditions on which we will provide you with access to the datasets created by Local Government Information House Limited (the "National Datasets") and/or the datasets compiled and maintained by the Bassetlaw District Council (the "Authority Datasets") associated with the use of the National Land and Property Gazetteer and the National Street Gazetteer. Your continued use of this Website indicates your acceptance to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, please cease using this Website.
The terms and conditions for this licence agreement are as follows:
- The National and/or Authority datasets are associated with the use of the National Land and Property Gazetteer and the National Street Gazetteer. Information displayed throughout the Website is extracted from a copyright work owned by the Local Government Information House Limited and the Bassetlaw District Council.
- A single screen print of the results of a search of the National and/or Authority datasets is permitted for your own use.
- You may not extract or re-utilise information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets and/or any copies of such information (whether electronic or in hard copy format) for any commercial or business purpose including but not limited to, trading, building commercial databases, reselling or redistribution of such information.
- You are not permitted to modify, adapt, arrange, alter, adjust or make any additions to any information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets, nor are you permitted to combine such information with other mapping, data or other information, including for the avoidance of doubt, other such information derived from this Website.
- Save as permitted, the reproduction, copying, downloading, storage, recording, broadcasting, retransmission, distribution, decompilation, reverse-engineering or disassembly of any part of this Website is not permitted without our prior written consent.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets is not made available, either in electronic unencrypted form or in hard copy format, to any third party that may attempt to use the map in contravention of these terms and conditions.
- You must inform us immediately if you become aware of a third party using information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets in contravention of these terms and conditions or of any infringement of trademarks located on the Website.
- We shall have no liability to any person or organisation in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly from the use of the information contained on this Website.
- We take every reasonable effort to ensure that information contained on this Website is as accurate as possible. However, the services featured on this Website are provided "as is", and all warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded. We shall not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss (whether for loss of profit, loss of business, depletion of goodwill or otherwise), costs, expense or other claims for consequential compensation whatsoever (howsoever caused) which arise out of or in connection with your use of the Website.
This product includes mapping data licensed from Ordnance Survey with the permission of the Controller of Her Majesty’s Stationery Office. © Crown copyright and/or database right 2014. All rights reserved. Licence number 100019517