Housing Choice For Older People
Housing choice for older people in Bassetlaw, who and how to access the service, what support is available.
This is a new service to provide information, advice and support to older people on housing related issues.
Who is it for?
The service is aimed at older people, their families and carers, who recognise that they are starting to find things difficult in their own homes and want to consider their options to meet their changing needs. These might include moving to more suitable accommodation or making changes to their existing property.
The service is also aimed at advice, health and social care worker s who support older people.
What support is available?
Your Housing Choices Advisor or Caseworker can:
- Provide information, advice or support on a one to one basis
- Provide support to explore different housing options and help put these changes in place, where appropriate
- Give support in the moving process, if necessary
- Refer on to other local services
- Raise awareness of the wider advice and support available through EAC FirstStop
What is EAC FirstStop?
FirstStop Advice is an independent, free telephone service offering advice and information to older people, their families and carers about housing and care options for later life. The service is provided by EAC in partnership with a number of other national and local organisations, and brings together a wealth of expertise to help older people and their carers explore the options and choices open to them. It can provide specialist help on any aspect of care, support or housing for elderly people, including financial issues as well as statutory rights and entitlements. A growing network of affiliated FirstStop Local services bring additional local knowledge, and in many cases can offer face-to-face advice including home visits. Contact FirstStop FREE on:
For more information about Housing Choices, or to arrange a visit please contact Retford Action Centre:
- Telephone: 01777 709650
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please download a copy of Community Services 50+ in Nottinghamshire which details the services that are available for older people aged 50 and over in Nottinghamshire.
Contents of the booklet include:
- Buy With Confidence
- Community Outreach Advisors
- Everyday Living Equipment
- First Contact
- Handyperson Adaptation Scheme (HPAS)
- Hospital Discharge Schemes
- Housing Choices Scheme
- IT Champions
- Resource Centres