National Clean Air Day
The first ever National Clean Air Day is to take place on Thursday 15 June 2017 and is being supported by Bassetlaw District Council. This is a day to inspire millions to think about what they breathe in and act on Air Quality.
This is a chance for everybody to find out more about air pollution and share this information with friends, family and colleagues. The day is intended to provide people across the UK with information and simple, easy-to-remember actions that will help to reduce their exposure to air pollution and contribute to reducing emissions.
Most air quality issues in Bassetlaw are caused by vehicle emissions, and in order to reduce these emissions carrying out simple things such as the ones listed below can be a great help.
- Make fewer journeys by car;
- Use other methods of transport such as walking/cycling/public transport;
- Don't allow your car to idle whilst you drop the children off at school - SWITCH OFF!
- Drive Smart - don't accelerate aggressively when moving from a stop; drive through the gears smoothly;
- Ensure that your tyres are inflated correctly;
- Drive within the speed limit;
- Ensure that your vehicle is regularly serviced and maintained;
Why not take part in helping to reduce emissions and protect your family, children and local environment?