Reclaim a Dog
If your dog has been taken to the kennels, you will be required to pay a fee before your dog is released. This statutory fee covers the Dog Warden's services and kenneling.
How much will I have to pay?
From the 1st April 2018 the fees are as follows:
- Day 1 - £65.00 (day of kennelling)
- Day 2 - £74.00
- Day 3 - £83.00
- Day 4 - £92.00
- Day 5 - £101.00
- Day 6 - £110.00
- Day 7 - £119.00
- Day 8 - £128.00
(£56 of the fees above go to the Council. If the kennels hold more than one of your dogs, a separate fee will apply to each dog.)
Where can I pay the fee?
Council Offices - Monday to Friday, between 9am & 5pm
- Address: Bassetlaw District Council, Queen's Buildings, Potter Street, Worksop, Notts. S80 2AH
- By Card Payment or by cheque payable to Bassetlaw District Council
Please contact the kennels direct between the hours of 5pm & 9pm (weekdays) or 8:30am & 9pm (weekends/Bank Holidays). Please contact the Kennels before visiting on 01909 731792.
What happens next?
- On payment of the appropriate fee, the Council will fill in the release paperwork and will give you a copy.
- The Council will then contact the Kennels to let them know you are on your way to collect your dog. You will need to collect your dog as soon as possible.
- On arrival at the Kennels, you will need to produce your copy of the release paperwork before collecting your dog.