How To Pay Your Council Tax
You can pay your Council Tax by many easy and convenient ways. These are all shown on the back of your Council Tax bill.
Direct Debit for Council Tax
This is the only method of payment that gives you a choice of five different monthly payment dates. You can also pay by weekly Direct Debit.
You can choose from 5 different monthly dates:
1st, 10th, 15th, 25th and 28th. You can choose to pay over 10 months (from April to January) or 12 (from April to March). We also offer weekly direct debit payments, collected from your bank account every Friday.
- This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits.
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit Bassetlaw District Council will notify you at least 10 working days in advance of your bank account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request Bassetlaw District Council to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
- If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit by Bassetlaw District Council or your bank or building society you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society.
- If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when Bassetlaw District Council asks you to.
- You can cancel a direct debit at any time simply by contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.
Payment using Home Banking
You can pay through your own Home Banking facility with your own Bank or Building Society. Please quote our...
- Sort Code - 20-55-70
- Account Number - 93367584
- Your full 12 digit Council Tax Reference Number (Located on the front of your Council Tax Bill).
Paying online is quick, easy and convenient. Follow the link to pay online.
24 Hr Payment Line
Pay by debit or credit card on 01777 713864.
Please quote your 12 digit Council Tax reference number shown at the top of your bill.
Payments by Post
For security, please send only cheques or postal orders through the post. Send your payment to the Worksop or Retford office. If you require a receipt, you must enclose your Council Tax Bill. Please quote your Council Tax account reference number on the back of your cheque.
- Address: Bassetlaw District Council, Queen's Buildings, Potter Street, Worksop, Notts, S80 2AH.
Payments at the Post Office or Paypoint
Pay by cash, debit or credit card at PayPoint outlets and by cash or debit card at Post Offices by using the barcode on the front of your bill. Cheques paid to a post office for your Council Tax should be made out to "Post Office Ltd".