Domestic Violence Strategic Group
The Bassetlaw, Newark and Sherwood Domestic Violence Strategic Group is made up of statutory and voluntary agencies delivering services throughout the Districts.
The Group meet bi-monthly to ensure good practice and improve support to adults and children affected by domestic violence. The Group have developed an action plan covering issues such as publicity, awareness raising and training.
The Bassetlaw, Newark and Sherwood Domestic Violence Strategic Group bring together agencies from across the District to improve the support and protection offered to adults and children affected by domestic violence and abuse.
The Group is made up of a cross-section of the local community, however they are always looking for more people to become involved. The Forum has developed a local strategy and action plan and meet bi-monthly to monitor the implementation of the plan.
The Group is made up of a wide variety of organisations, and has strong links with other agencies who can offer help and advice to adults and children affected by domestic violence.
If you are experiencing domestic violence there are a number of domestic violence support services designed to put you in touch with professionals who can help you. In addition there are a number of useful links to other agencies. There are also a number of other useful sources of help and advice.
Strategic Group Members
- Bassetlaw District Council: Community Safety Co-ordinator, Domestic Violence Co-ordinator, Housing Needs;
- Nottinghamshire County Council: Community Safety, Children and Young People Department, Supporting People Partnership
- Nottinghamshire Police Public Protection Unit;
- Newark Women’s Aid;
- Nottinghamshire Women’s Aid;
- Victim Support;
- Bassetlaw Health Partnership;
- A1 Housing;
- Newark and Sherwood Homes;
- Jackson Quinn Solicitors;