Children & Young People
Bassetlaw District Council actively promote and develop the Bassetlaw District Youth Assembly in partnership with Nottinghamshire County Council.
We want all young people in Bassetlaw to have equality of opportunity and to have access to services that will enable them to have a high quality of life.
The Council has shown its commitment to young people in Bassetlaw by having a Young People’s champion who is Councillor Sarah Farncombe. The role of Young People’s ‘champion’, is to ensure that Young People’s issues are amongst the priority issues being considered by the Council.
Concerned About The Safety of a Child?
|If you are being abused or you are concerned about a child||If you are concerned about someone who works with children|
If you are not sure whether a child is being abused you can discuss the circumstances with us or with someone else who works with children, such as a teacher, health visitor or the NSPCC. All professionals who work with children have a responsibility to safeguard them and will know how to help.
Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP)
- Youth Services in Nottinghamshire
- Schools - finding a school, holiday dates, getting to school, school dinners and more.
- Leaving School - advice on what to do when you leave school.
- Centrepoint - Giving homeless young people a future.
- Play England - Play England's aim is for all children and young people in England to have regular access and opportunity for free, inclusive, local play provision and play space.
- National Childrens Bureau - NCB promotes the interests and well-being of all children and young people across every aspect of their lives.
- Department of Education - responsible for the education and children's services.
- GOV.UK - Offers advice on education, careers, housing, money, health and relationships for 13-19 year olds in the UK.
- Focus on Young People in Bassetlaw (FOYIB) - independent charity supporting young people between the ages of 8 and 15 years.
- Kidscape - Giving children the skills to tackle bullying.
- Safeguarding Children and Young People - includes information for children and young people in Nottinghamshire on staying safe online, self harm, bullying, fostering and much more.
- Childline - ChildLine is a service provided by NSPCC.