Useful Business Links
Useful Links for businesses in Bassetlaw looking for support.
- GOV.UK - Department for Business Innovation and Skills (BIS). This Department promotes innovation, enterprise and science and gives people the skills and opportunities to succeed in business.
- The Nottingham University Business School is one of the leading centres of excellence in enterprise education in Europe and a founder member of the UK Science Enterprise Centre Network. Its mission is to be a centre of excellence in the development of enterprise and entrepreneurial skills, innovation and understanding the commercialisation of research. Globally, it is recognised that creativity, innovation, risk, knowledge transfer and technology transfer are key to competitiveness.
- The Hive (Nottingham Trent University's) provides a fully supported germination and incubation environment to help entrepreneurs start up their own businesses. The Centre also provides expert help, support from relevant service providers, and access to the knowledge base and expertise available within Nottingham Trent University. They also offer mentoring programmes from 12 weeks to 3 years.
- Shell LiveWIRE helps 16 – 30 year olds to start and develop their own business and hosts a national competition for new business start-ups. Shell LiveWIRE Provides...
- Information, advice and practical support for 16-30 year olds starting up their own business
- a FREE Essential Business Kit to every caller, tailored to their specific business idea.
- one-to-one advice through a national network of local business advisers and young business mentors
- an interactive web service and idea exchange
- Nottinghamshire Business Venture (NBV) is an independent local enterprise agency established in 1982 to encourage the formation and development of small businesses. NBV specialises in the provision of start-up advice, business training, information and after-care services. To date over 25,000 clients have been seen, many of whom are now running very successful businesses.
- North Nottinghamshire College is the leading provider of education and training in the North Nottinghamshire area and beyond, with 1150 full time and over 10,000 part time students. NNC provides education and training opportunities for students from the age of 14 upwards, many students being adult learners. NNC offer a wide variety of courses leading to nearly 350 different qualifications in almost 40 major subject areas, from Business Studies and Computing to Hair & Beauty and Nursing & Social Care. They also offer work based learning and apprenticeship courses.
- Rural Community Action Nottinghamshire provide information and support on funding for rural areas, parish plans, village design statements and community project development work.
- The Prince’s Trust is a UK charity that helps young people overcome barriers and get their lives working through practical support including training, mentoring and financial assistance.
- Accountant Directory. Accountants can offer financial business advice and support for several important aspects that contribute to a business making a profit.
- D2N2 Growth Hub links businesses with an ambition to grown in the D2N2 area, the UK's Most Inspirational Postcode, with support and information, the Growth Hub is the gateway for businesses in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire.
- Entrepreneur Handbook. Founded in 2012, Entrepreneur Handbook (EH) started life as a resource list for entrepreneurs, beyond this it quickly grew into a fully fledged media platform for entrepreneurs. Now as one of the leading online publications for UK entrepreneurs, EH’s mission is to provide the best possible content, resources and guides for entrepreneurs and small businesses.