Finance & Budgets
The Council's accounts and financial information, including payments to suppliers, medium financial plans and annual audits.
Please note that some of the items of this page will link through to our OpenData website.
Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 sections 26 & 27
The Accounts and Audit (England) Regulations 2015
The Council’s accounts are subject to external audit by KPMG LLP of KPMG LLP, Audit, St Nicholas House, 31 Park Row, Nottingham, NG1 6FQ. Members of the public and local government electors have certain rights in the audit process:
- Under Section 26 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, from 19th June 2017 to 28th July 2017 inclusive between 9.00 am and 4.45 pm any person may inspect the accounts of Bassetlaw District Council for the year ended 31 March 2017 and certain related documents (comprising books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts) at the address given below. Any person(s) may inspect and make copies of these documents. If you would like to inspect them you should apply to the Head of Finance and Property at the address given below, or telephone 01909 533174.
- From 9.00 am on 19th June 2017 to 28th July 2017 inclusive, a local government elector (that is anyone who has a right to vote in local Government elections for Bassetlaw District Council) or his/her representative, may ask the auditor questions about the accounts. Please contact the auditor at the address given above to make arrangements to ask any questions.
- From 9.00 am on 19th June 2017 to 28th July 2017 inclusive, a local government elector for the area of the Council, or his/her representative, may object to the Council’s accounts asking that the auditor issue a report in the public interest (under section 27 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014) and/or apply to the court for a declaration that an item in the accounts is contrary to law (under section 17 of the Audit Commission Act 1998). A local elector who wishes to make an objection must first make sure that the Auditor has received a written notice setting out the objection and the grounds on which it is to be made, and must send a copy of that notice to the Council for the attention of the Chief Executive.
The name of the Auditor is Tony Crawley of KPMG LLP. Questions and notices of objection should be sent to him direct, at the address above.
Dated 16 May 2017
Bassetlaw District Council, Queen’s Buildings, Potter Street, Worksop. Notts. S80 2AH.
The following can be found on our Open Data website.
Any other financial publications including TM Strategy, Medium Term Strategy
- Annual Governance Statement 2011/12
- Building Control Activities 2011/12
- Contract Procedure Rules 2012
- Annual Audit 2008/2009
- Annual Report 2008-09
- Financial Procedure Rules 2009
- Audit Letter - Statement of Account 2008/2009
- Minutes of Council Meeting Approving Statement of Accounts 2008-09
- Medium Term Financial Strategy 2008