Finance & Budgets
The Council's accounts and financial information, including payments to suppliers, medium financial plans and annual audits.
Please note that some of the items of this page will link through to our OpenData website.
Viewing the accounts
Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 sections 26 – 28.
The Accounts and Audit (England) Regulations 2015 Regulations 10, 14 & 15
The Council’s accounts are subject to external audit by:
Tony Crawley KPMG LLP (UK)
St Nicholas House
31 Park Row
Nottingham NG1 6FQ
Members of the public and local government electors have certain rights in the audit process:
- Under Section 26 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, from 1 June 2018 to 12 July 2018 inclusive between 9:00 am and 4:45 pm any person may inspect the accounts of Bassetlaw District Council for the year ended 31 March 2018 and certain related documents (comprising books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts) at the Council’s address below by appointment made either by email to email@example.com or telephone 01909 533174 or by writing to the Head of Finance and Property Services at the Council’s address below. Any person(s) may also inspect and make copies of these documents.
- From 9:00 am on 1 June 2018 to 4:45 pm on 12 July 2018 inclusive, a local government elector (that is anyone who has a right to vote in local Government elections for Bassetlaw District Council) or his/her representative, may ask the auditor questions about the accounts. Please contact the auditor at the address above to make arrangements to ask any questions.
- From 9.00 am on 1 June 2018 to 4.45 pm on 12 July 2018 inclusive, a local government elector for the area of the Council, or his/her representative, may object to the Council’s accounts asking that the auditor issue a report in the public interest (under section 27 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014) and/or apply to the court for a declaration that an item in the accounts is contrary to law (under section 28 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014). A local elector who wishes to make an objection must send to the auditor at the address above, a written notice setting out the objection and the grounds on which it is made and must send a copy of that notice to the Council for the attention of the Chief Executive at the address below:
Bassetlaw District Council
Open Data Documents
- Annual Governance Statement 2011/12
- Building Control Activities 2011/12
- Contract Procedure Rules 2012