Complaints & Compliments
Bassetlaw District Council work very hard to give you the services you need. The best way of doing this is by listening to you when we get things right - or wrong.
Putting The Customer First
You can read our Complaints Policy.
Exceptions to our Complaints Procedure
If you want to tell us about litter, fly-tipping, street cleaning, refuse collection, or the condition of an open/green space including trees/grass verges and you haven't told us about this before, this is a request for service:
- Fly Tipping
- Street Cleaning
- Refuse Collection
- Grass Verges - Grass cutting verges complaints/enquiries – please contact Nottinghamshire County Council (Highways)
- Telephone: 0300 500 8080
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For planning matters visit the Planning Complaints, Comments or Compliments Page.
- To complain about a Councillor please see the information given on our Local Councillors page of this website.
- If your complaint is about street lighting, pavements or road issues, Nottinghamshire County Council are responsible for these areas, please visit their Report a Road Problem page of their website for further information.
- Complaints about policies and decisions made by elected members do not fall within the remit of the complaints procedure. However a complaint about the way in which the policy or decision has been implemented by the Council does. We will however, feedback residents’ views on policies and decisions made by elected members to the relevant portfolio holder.
Complaints relating to Freedom of Information Requests
If you are dissatisfied with the response that you have received to a Freedom of Information Request you are entitled to request an internal review of the matter within the Council's complaints procedure.
The matter will be addressed by the Council's Legal Services Team who will provide a response within 20 working days of receipt of the complaint. Should you remain dissatisfied with the internal review you have the further right to complain to the Information Commissioner or by writing to
- Address: Information Commissioner, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
- Telephone: 06125 545745.
- Email: email@example.com
We want you to tell us if......
You think we've done something well
You think we've done something wrong
You have any comments about our services
A1 Housing Tenants
If you are an A1 Housing tenant and wish to make a complaint, compliment or suggestion about your property, please contact the A1 Housing Customer Services Team.
- Tel: 01909 533180
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post to: A1 Housing Bassetlaw Ltd, Carlton Forest House, Hundred Acre Lane, Worksop, Notts S81 0TS
If you require translation or interpretation of any of our services then please contact 01909 533533.
Our Promise to you .....
- We will acknowledge receipt of your comment within 5 working days
- We will answer all complaints/suggestions within 15 working days
- We will use plain language
- We will give you a contact name and telephone number
Listen to you
Put things right if they go wrong
Take action as soon as possible at any stage
Keep you informed
Improve our services to meet with your needs
What happens if I'm not happy with the response to my complaint at stage one?
We will arrange for the matter to be reviewed under the next stage, (stage two) of the complaints procedure by the Chief Executive of the Council.
Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman
If after receiving a response from the Chief Executive (stage two), you are still not satisfied, you may send your complaint to the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman. Further information on how to do this will be provided in your stage two response.
- Address: Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman, PO Box 4771, Coventry, CV4 OEH.
- Telephone: 0300 061 0614 or 0845 602 1983
- Website: Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman
- Fax: 024 7682 0001
- SMS: Text ‘call back’ to 0762 480 429