The Community Covenant is a promise to support the Armed Forces Community working and residing in Bassetlaw and acknowledges their integral role in the community.
The signing of the Covenant took place at Retford Town Hall on Wednesday 15th May 2013 along with a number of different organisations who provide essential services, including Doncaster and Bassetlaw Hospital Trust, Nottinghamshire Police and Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service.
The Armed Forces Community Covenant highlights the moral obligation between the community and the Armed Forces to provide support to servicemen, servicewomen, families and veterans who live and work in the district.
In signing the covenant the Council gives the Armed Forces community their commitment to this support and will encourage further support by bringing together key partners in Bassetlaw. The Council also agrees to remember the sacrifice made by members of the Armed Forces.
In addition the Lord Lieutenant of Nottinghamshire will be represented, together with representatives from the local Cadet Forces, British Legion and Help for Heroes.
The full list of organisations who signed the Covenant are:
- Bassetlaw District Council
- East Midlands Universities Training Corps
- Lord Lieutenant of Nottinghamshire
- Mercian Regiment
- Nottinghamshire Army Cadet Force
- East Midlands Reserve Forces and Cadets Association
- Royal British Legion – Retford Branch
- Royal British Legion – Worksop Branch
- Royal Air Forces Association – Retford Branch
- Air Training Corps, 303 (Worksop) Squadron
- Air Training Corps, 1403 (Retford) Squadron
- Worksop Sea Cadets & Royal Marine Cadets
- Nottinghamshire Police
- Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service
- Doncaster and Bassetlaw Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- NHS Bassetlaw Clinical Commissioning Group
- Department for Work and Pensions
- North Nottinghamshire College
- A1 Housing Bassetlaw Limited
- Barnsley Premier Leisure
- Bassetlaw Community and Voluntary Services
- Help for Heroes